A) 1979-1983 Ph. D. in Economics with specialization in Economics, Organization,
Management and Planning of National Economy (Dissertation in Manpower
Planning), Institute of National Economy, Kiev, Ukraine.
B) 1976-1979 M. Sc. in Economics with specialization in Planning of National Economy
(Thesis in Labor Productivity), Institute of National Economy, Kiev, Ukraine.
C) 1971-1975 Bachelor of Commerce, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
A) Operation Planning and Management (Emergency & Regular)
B) Population and Family Planning
C) Community Development
D) Humanitarian Shelter Cluster Coordination
E) Resource and Strategic Planning
A) Global Coverage for Technical Support & Policy - (Geneva)
B) Asia (Desk Coverage for Five Central Asian Countries, China & Mongolia)
C) East and Southern Europe (Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus)
D) East and Horm of Africa (Uganda Specific)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Geneva, Switzerland (since
12 October 1993 through 28 February 2015)
• Senior Desk Officer (covering countries China and Central Asia – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan - at Regional Bureau for Asia and Pacific, Geneva, Switzerland (March 2011 through February 2015);
• Senior Operations Officer / UNHCR’s Shelter Cluster Focal Person for Global Shelter Cluster, Geneva, Switzerland (November 2008 through February 2011);
• Senior Program Officer, Yerevan, Armenia (June 2008 through October 2008);
• Senior Regional Program Officer (covering Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova), Regional Representation, Kyiv, Ukraine (March 2006 through May 2008);
• Senior Program Officer, Sub-Office Peshawar and Representation in Islamabad (April 2005 through February 2006);
• Senior Program Officer, Kampala, Uganda (August 2002 through March 2005);
• Head of Sub Office, Zahedan, Sistan-Baluchistan, Iran (August 2000 through July 2002);
• Program Officer, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina (May 1999 through July 2000);
• Field Officer / Officer-in-Charge, Sub-Office, Kabul, Afghanistan (September 1996 - April 1999);
• Field Officer (entrusted implementation of some 75% of entire country operations), Yerevan, Armenia (January 1994 – June 1996);
• Program Officer, Baku, Azerbaijan (October 1993 - December 1993).